To Minneapolis and Beyond!

On March 17, 2011 by Eden M. Kennedy

If you’re in Santa Barbara tonight and you want to come over to Chaucer’s and say hello and have me sign a book or two, that would be INCREDIBLE. For me! Maybe not for you. But probably for you? Look, I’m not making any promises. We’ll be at Harry’s afterward, then I’ll start making promises.

I would have made this announcement earlier but technology has failed me (and I, it) in one creative way or another every day this week so far. Mysteriously broken laptop in the shop for two days? Check. Web site crash after a WordPress update? Check. Accidentally washed a Flip video camera? CHECKITY CHECK.

Unfortunately, I didn’t take that many pictures while I was in New York, but I plan on rectifying that in the coming weeks as Alice and I continue to Bring the Panic! to Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, Burlingame, Minneapolis, Chicago, New Orleans, Los Angeles, and Denver. And then I’m going to come home and sleep for a year.

Tour specifics are below. We’d love to see you if we come to your town, or within 100 miles of your town. You have a car and enough gas for a four-hour drive, right?

Here is a picture of Alice looking lovely and me looking like a tipsy ostrich:

Me and Alice

There will be meet-ups before, after, and between each event, so that we can hang out with the locals and also because we’re writers and we need our daily dose of bar food. The Pacific Northwest leg of the tour is being generously sponsored by BlogHer. My Tour page will be updated with meet-up details as soon as they become available.

Tuesday, April 5 at 7:00 pm
Powells
3415 SW Cedar Hills Blvd.
Beaverton, OR

Wednesday, April 6 at 7:00 p.m.
Third Place Books
6504 20th Ave. NE
Seattle, WA 98115

Saturday, April 9 at 3:00 p.m.
Books Inc.
1375 Burlingame Ave.
Burlingame, CA 94010

Sunday, April 10 at 11:00 a.m.
Green Apple Books
506 Clement St.
San Francisco, CA 94118-2324

Monday, April 11 at 7:00 p.m.
Barbara’s Bookstore
1218 S. Halsted St.
Chicago, IL 60607

Tuesday, April 12 at 7:00 p.m.
Barnes & Noble
2100 North Snelling Ave.
Roseville, MN 55113

Thursday, April 14 to Saturday, April 16
Mom 2.0 Summit
Alice and I will be presenting a workshop called “Let’s Panic About Writing”

Tuesday, May 17 at 7:00 p.m.
Tattered Cover Book Store
9315 Dorchester St.
Highlands Ranch, CO 80129

Something’s also being cooked up for Los Angeles in mid-May, and, of course, we’ll be at BlogHer in August! Come watch me nap on the floor in front of the Purina Mom Chow® booth.

Comments

comments

25 Responses to “To Minneapolis and Beyond!”

• Ha! Cutest tipsy ostrich. Can’t wait to see you at Barbara’s in Chicago!

• See you in New Orleans!

• Weird, I don’t see Huntsville, Alabama on that list. When are you coming to my home to read excerpts to me and the cat? And nap? You can also nap here.

• Had I known about Atlanta before y’all blew through, I would have loved to have bought you a cocktail to celebrate your accomplishment.

Congratulations!

• Have you ever been to the Tattered Cover? A bibliophile’s dream, that place.

• *facepalm* I plumb forgot. Plus, many Guinness. No drivey.
    Please accept my apologies. I will still get a book!

• I just wanted to say: love you. Love Alice. But I never dreamed that this book would be as funny as it is. Even my child-fearing boyfriend LOVES it. SO. Just wanted to heap on the praise.

• I can’t believe you’re gonna be in Denver the same weekend I will be in Austin.
    Crap.
    Fingers crossed that you get a spectacular Colorado sunset while you’re here.

• Yesssss! See you in Seattle! Bring a rain jacket. And your sense of righteous indignation about everything! (Seriously. They check for that stuff at the airport.)

• What?! Both Bay Area readings are before cocktail hour?

• Coming late to the party, I have just found your blog as a recc from a friend. Just started blogging myself recently. Really LOVE your archives!

• Can’t wait to see you in the Bay Area and New Orleans! I’m planning to bring the whole gang to either SF or Burlingame. We will be fangirls and wear our Fussy shirts. xo

• OMG, please don’t judge the Twin Cities by Roseville. It’s the blandest little suburb. Ack. That’s a nice B&N though–always very busy and you’ll have a nice turnout. I would go, but my love (Twin Cities) and I are parted.

• Toronto! Toronto! We have babies here, too!

• Sounds fun, especially for you!! Just josh’n. Enjoy the good times.

• Dear Eden,
    I so would have brought you a book to sign, as I am in L.A. County, and hell, my grandfather spent a couple of years in the slammer in Santa Barbara, for not taking prohibition seriously (actually, all the saturated cops turned people in right before the law changed, so they could look like, you know, keepers of the peace). As it is, I am trying to hold it together for two more days before heading to LAX (but come to my centuries old Dutch town, it will be great, I will be the only one not smirking…but will wear a carnation if you insist).
    Have always wanted to thank you for teaching me about mortality (yes, it does seem like it would be common knowledge, strange). So, I’m off to commune with my mother and remind ourselves that she was always the toast of the mothers, in terms of niceness–no, I will NEVER turn into her, sadly–I think of her, and of you, everytime I run my fingers over her hand-written recipe for Far Western Tavern Salsa (Guadalupe), when I grab something out of the junk drawer.

• Wheeeee!!! A MN date! I have been reading you both for years, and would love to meet you!

• Hmmm…how late will you lovely ladies stay out? You’ll miss the show but can still catch happy hour at the Moisture Festival. http://www.moisturefestival.org/events/view/184

Of course 3rd Place Books in Ravenna has a pub too..

• You can visit the mothership! http://www.mcphee.com/shop/

• I’ve been reading for years and I’m so excited you’re coming to MN! See you on the 12th.

• Sorry in advance about the Highlands Ranch locale. Oye, will Denver ever get it?