Diaper bags are usually essential for most if not all, mothers. This is because the bags typically are used to carry a host of baby supplies such as a change of clothes, cloth diapers, diaper rash creams, lotions, pacifiers, diapers, baby wipes, a changing pad, snacks, baby bottles, and burping cloths. Nevertheless, the likelihood that most people usually don’t think about diaper bags or even realize the importance of it until they need one is pretty high. But how does one choose a diaper bag? Difficulty as it may be to believe and given the number of options available in the market, choosing a diaper bag that will meet all your requirements can be confusing. From ones with Velcro close straps to ones that look like backpacks but aren’t backpacks the options are endless. To assist you, we’ve compiled a list of some of the best diaper bags available in the market that you can consider purchasing. So regardless of whether it is your first time at the baby “rodeo” or a repeat visit at the rodeo and you are looking to upgrade the diaper bag you have, there is something for you.
The Maman Nappy/Diaper Bag
Available in multiple colors the Maman diaper bag starts off our list as it is in our opinion, one of the most highly functional bags that give you value for your money without compromising on quality. The Maman makes it easy for moms as it is versatile and can be carried using the shoulder straps, as a hand tote or attached to a baby stroller using the provided stroller straps. The bag has an impressive build as the fabric is thick and water resistant (we tested it, and the baby clothes inside it remained dry as a bone). It is also well sized with ten pockets including two mom pockets on the inside and outside, two front pockets, one rear pocket, two insulated bottle pouches on the side and finally a large center compartment that is further divided into separate pockets.
- With gold hardware, red accents, and tan leather details, this diaper bag is aesthetically pleasing.
- It is reasonably priced
- The bag is water resistant and keeps things inside the bag dry.
- You can wash the bag’s diaper changing pad in a machine separately.
- Includes a changing pad for convenience.
- The out pockets do not have zips a crucial factor you need to bear in mind before purchasing the bag.
HaloVa Diaper Backpack
This is another one of our favorites simply because not only is it sturdy, but it is also stylish, practical, and you can carry it as a backpack or a tote. The quality of the HaloVa bag is one of the best you can come across, and it is made using water-resistant oxford fabric. The bag is easy to use and ideal for any situation that may involve lots of travel. It comes with several compartments including a zippered mom compartment and a spacious well-divided center compartment for storing most of the baby supplies.
- The bag is extremely affordable.
- It is spacious with a Large main compartment and separate storage pockets.
- Even though this bag has an insulated zippered bottle compartment, you cannot fit the tall narrow bottles securely as it is designed to work with the short and wide bottles.
JuJuBe B.F.F Multi-Functional Convertible Diaper Bag
Comprising of one main compartment with three zippered pockets, four gusseted pockets, two baby bottle pockets, a cell phone pocket and one mommy pocket with key fob and microfiber glasses pocket. This diaper bag by B.F.F is the superhero of diaper bags as it is easily convertible, and you can use it/ carry is as a messenger bag, a backpack, or an over-the-shoulder tote bag. Even though this bag lacks the space that other bags mentioned in our list have, we love that the interior is agion and Teflon treated and thus resists bacteria, mold, mildew, and stains. If you are looking for a diaper bag that is both stylish and functional, then this is an option you can consider.
- The bag is machine washable.
- The JuJuBe has a structured bottom which ensures that the bag and its contents remain upright.
- We have seen zippers and fabric that is of better quality.
- The bag is expensive.
Skip Hop Messenger Diaper Bag
As with all Skip Hop bags, this one is not any different as the brand delivers yet another excellent and stylish bag. The bag is designed to be an over the shoulder messenger bag but you can also carry it as a tote bag should you so wish. Despite it being narrow and deep unlike most diaper bags, the ten pockets make it extremely functional. The additional breathable side pocket, insulated bottle holder, diaper changing pad, and key ring clip are a plus and the more reason why we love this bag.
- Its shoulder straps are padded, which makes the bag extremely comfortable to carry.
- The bag is spacious enough and can fit lots of supplies.
- Because of its height, pilling baby supplies to the very top make the bag fall over.
- It is also occasionally inconveniencing to grab things inside the bag as you have to reach further down than you would with other diaper bags.
- Even though the changing pad is something most mothers will appreciate, it is relatively small in comparison to what you find in other diaper bags.
When choosing a diaper bag, there are a number of considerations that you need to make. Critical amongst them is your needs as well as the functionality of the bag. Babies can get fussy, and as a parent, you need a bag that will not add to the hassle of dealing with a crying baby. Imagine you are out in public and your baby starts crying rather loudly but you can’t sooth them with a bottle of milk of pacifier because the zipper won’t budge. So aside from picking a bag that meets your needs, choose one that will give you excellent service because its build is top tier and synonymous to durability.